25 Interesting facts about Antony Blinken, Biden’s Secretary of State
All eyes were on the recently held presidential polls in the United State. Democrat Joe Biden has become the President of the United States of America. It has also been heard from various sources that Joe Biden is going to elect Antony Blinken as the US Secretary of State. The 58 years old has served as the Deputy Secretary of the State and Deputy National Security advisory during the reign of President Barack Obama. He has immense experience in this field and Blinken thinks that it would be the right choice to elect him to this post.Embed from Getty Images
- The full name of Antony Blinken is Antony John Blinken. He is often known as Tony. He has been attached with the American Government for a long time. He was born in New York, on April 16, 1962. He completed his studies at Harvard University and Columbia Law University. He is an American by Nationality.
2. He is a non-vegetarian and follows Judaism. He is a die-hard soccer fan. His wife Evan Ryan is also an American public servant. Antony’s father Donald M. Blinken was an investment banker while his mother Judith Pisar was the President of Arts France-USA.
3. Blinken spent his childhood in New York. His early education was done from Dalton School of New York. He was a good student.
4. It was in the year 1970 when his parents were divorced. His mother later married Samuel Pisar, a Polish-born American Lawyer. In 1971 Antony along with his mother and stepfather moved to Paris, where he attended a private co-educational school.
5. Antony Blinken was very close to his stepfather. When he started to grow up he started to listen to various stories from him. This inspired him to a great extent. During this time, he was inspired to become a film-maker.
6. Slowly he felt in a dilemma to choose anyone from arts and politics. His Bachelor of Arts degree is from Harvard University.
7. While studying at Harvard University he joined the Harvard Crimson and started to edit the paper as and when required.
8. He also joined Errol Louis, one of the highly recognized Harvard newspapers. He used to do the editing part of the newspaper.
9. In the year 1984, Bliken started to attend the Los Angeles Olympics in which his stepfather Samuel Pisar was the General Counsel. This year, he also graduated from Harvard University.
10. Praeger published Blinken’s senior thesis in the year 1987. It was Ally Vs. Ally.
11. In the year 1988 Blinken joined the Columbia Law School to get a degree in Law.
12. During this time he worked as a summer associate in the law offices of Roger and Wells in New York. Then he moved to Paris where he started to practice as a lawyer.
13. He was always a great supporter of the Democratic Party. He also assisted his father to raise funds for Michael Dukakis’s Presidential ruin in the year 1988.
14. At the age of 39 years, he married Evan Ryan who was 30 years old. Their marriage was held by many noted people and one of them was Hillary Clinton.
15. Evan Ryan is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. J. Anthony. From 2013 to 2017 she handled the job of an assistant secretary of Education and Cultural affairs. Evan Ryan was also associated with Government jobs. When Joe Biden was Vice President she served as an assistant for the public liaison and intergovernmental affairs.
16. Antony Blinken is fluent in French. He has given multiple interviews in eloquent French. He loves to play the guitar. He has two songs available on Spotify by the alias Ablinken named as Lip Service and Patience.
17. Blinken’s childhood buddy, Tony Anthony Gardner was the Biden campaign’s point-man in Europe. During the 1990s, Blinken and Tony Gardner worked at the National Security Council under President Bill Clinton. The careers of Tony and Tony crossed again during the Obama administration when Blinken served as an adviser to Biden and then as deputy secretary of state, and Gardner served as ambassador to the European Union.
18. Anthony Blinken has great experience in working with Government officials. He has also held many significant positions in Government sectors.
19. It was a father of his stepfather Samuel Pisar who said him to apply for a Government job at the State Government. Later he was appointed as the Secretary of State for European and Canadian affairs.
20. Bill Clinton during his period appointed Alan, Blinken’s uncle as the Ambassador of Belgium and his father Donald M. Blinken as the ambassador of Hungary.
21. From the year 2008 Tony Blinken has started campaigning for Joe Biden as the President of the United States of America. Biden could not win the election and Blinken was appointed in the transition team of Obama.
22. Within a short time, Blinken won the heart of Obama and he was appointed within the small team of National Security.
23. Antony Blinken also worked with Obama to kill Osama Bin Laden in the year 2011.
24. On December 16, 2014, Blinken became the Deputy Secretary of the State after the retirement of William Joseph Burns.
25. Blinken played a crucial role while handling the Syria policy. He has always been a perfect person in making any type of political decision.